Car Accident Attorney Serving the Bronx, NY

Hundreds of Americans are injured or killed in automobile accidents every day. In fact, automobile accidents are a leading cause of death in the United States. A variety of physical injuries can result from a car crash including scrapes, lacerations, bruises, swelling, whiplash, broken bones, concussions and other head injuries, and even traumatic brain injuries.

With the help of a car accident lawyer, a person injured in a car accident may be able to recover a financial award for medical bills, property damage, as well as for emotional distress, pain and suffering, and lost wages after a crash.

An automobile accident means an insurance company will be involved. These outfits try to settle claims as quickly as possible with as small an expenditure of their resources as they can. Ultimately, accidents fall under New York State Insurance Law, or “The No-Fault Law.” So it is important to retain an experienced attorney to protect your rights and ensure that you get a fair settlement.

What is the "No-Fault" Law?

Many people do not understand how No-fault Law works, and there is a lot of confusion concerning the insurance of the “host” vehicle. This is the vehicle the individual is traveling in. Regardless of who is at fault, his or her insurance company is required to pay the related medical bills for the treatment of injuries or pain caused by the accident (as well as for any other occupants).

A no-fault application must be filed within 30 days after the accident. So it is important to consult with an attorney specializing in this area. Despite this time limit, many people are hesitant to file a No-Fault application with their insurance company thinking that their premiums will go up.

Another misconception is that private health insurance will cover these medical bills. However, medical providers will not accept private insurance for treatment related to an accident unless the injured party’s No-fault benefits have been exhausted or discontinued.

After receiving No-fault compensation, you can still pursue a private personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit if your damages are greater than $50,000 or you have suffered a serious injury.

What Happens if I am in an Auto Accident with a Government Vehicle?

If an automobile accident involves a municipal or government owned or operated vehicle (City buses, street sweepers, police vehicles and fire trucks) you serve the City entity with a Notice of Claim (NOC) within 90 days of the accident in addition to filing a No-fault claim. Timely filing of this notice will protect your rights to pursue a legal case against the entity in the future.

Contact an Experienced Automobile Accident Attorney Serving Bronx, NY

There are a number of complicated legal matters that can arise from an automobile accident. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car, truck or motorcycle accident that resulted from the negligent conduct of another, you may be entitled to compensation. Attorney Ryan S. Goldstein regularly represents those who have been injured in car accidents. Contact a personal injury attorney today.

© 2021 Law Office of Ryan S. Goldstein, P.L.L.C. | Disclaimer
1084 Morris Park Avenue, 2nd Floor , Bronx, NY 10461
| Phone: (718) 239-0239

Practice Areas | Results | About Us

Law Firm Website Design by
Amicus Creative